Wednesday, November 7, 2007

"A Lot Like Christmas" Mega kit

Finally !!!! after days of storms, bad connections, then having my ADSL revert back to dial up speeds because I was over my quota, everything is back to normal and I was able to upload my Christmas kit.

Its HUGE !!!!! lol. Took me just about all day to upload it too :- So while it was uploading I started working on my next kit and its almost finished too lol.

I worked out that If I reduce the size of the QP's to 8 x 8 and 200ppi that it doesnt slow my computer down anywhere near as much as 12 x 12 300 ppi does. Would you still use QP's at that size ? I suppose you could always resize them yourself if you wanted 12 x 12's. Please let me know what you prefer.

Sidetracked again lol - back onto the Christmas kit. As per usual not everything is included in the previews lol, Theres a mixture of patterns and solids in reds, greens and gold / cream. The baubles have a sort of transparency to them. When you put them over a dark paper you can see the paper behind them. Looks great on the tree or the satin papers. I decided against putting any words on them. I figured you could put names on them or whatever saying you wanted to. Theres even 1 blank one to decorate how you want to.

I meant to include the templates I made for the gift boxes so you could make your own if you wanted to, but I forgot (hangs head in shame) I'll post it in the next couple of days for you. And the wordart didnt turn out the way I wanted to, So I have to re-do that and will post it later as well.











I broke it up into 4 downloads Part1, Part2, Part3, Part4. They are still quite large, so if theres any dial up people out there that want the kit, email me and I'll see what I can do for you.

Enjoy, and dont forget your manners.

Hugs

Carolyn

xox

20 comments:

Lois B said...

Wow! Thank you for sharing this wonderful kit. Should keep me busy for days and days and days. LOL

As for my preference in size, if you want to do them 8x8 that is fine but would prefer the resolution to be 300 dpi so that they can be enlarged to 12x12 without any noticable loss. Maybe 200 dpi enlarges well too, I haven't compared the two, I just know 300 dpi works really well. Just my two cents worth though, whatever works best for you is what counts.

Thanks again for this great share for Christmas.

Mega-Doodle Inspired said...

Sweet! You really went all out this time! Thanks so much!

Calinhorely said...

Wow !
Thanks for sharing this beautiful kit !!!

Tricia said...

Thank you so much for your generosity in sharing this kit. It's BEAUTIFUL!

Tricia

fl_connie said...

This is a wonderful kit! Thanks so much for sharing it.

As for sizes - 8x8 works really well if it's at 300 dpi, at least for me. 200 dpi USUALLY resizes well - but it's really hard to tell on the computer, and once it's printed - it's printed. I am usually reluctant to take the chance.

However - my mom used to say that beggars can't be choosers, so if you want to use 200 dpi - you're in charge, LOL! Your generousity is amazing, anyway.

Thanks again!

Terebene said...

Wow-thank you so much for this mega kit!

jbart said...

thank you for the beautiful gift..you are very talented..

"Supermom" said...

Thanks for the beautiful kit!

Trish H. said...

This is a beautiful Kit!

I too have found that if you do 8x8 it is more accurate when it is resized, if it is in 300 dpi. BUT, like others have said, you have to do what is best for you and your computer ;) Cant wait to see this next kit!!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much for this GORGEOUS kit!!!!!!!!
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Galtscrapper said...

Okay, I don't know if I left any comments on 4shared (other than maybe a thank you) I just wanted to say WOW, what a GREAT, AWESOME, WONDERFUL Christmas kit you have here, and I also enjoyed downloading the Snow kit.
I also wanted to say that I think the only problem with 8x8 200 dpi is that it's harder to "size them up" If they were 8x8 at 300dpi, then they size up with no problem (in my experience! My mom bought me a 13 inch printer for my birthday, best bday present in a long time!) I haven't really tried sizing up from 200 dpi. It's funny, because 300dpi almost prints like...well, badly. It's almost too much. I have to admit, as well, that I AM doing an 8x8 album for my family, so it may not even matter to me in the end, but I do like being able to keep my options open. So...just my 2 cents! I'm not MUCH of a QP maker, but I know my computer can handle 12x12 300Dpi, and my desktop got an infusion of RAM awhile back, so if you are desperate, then I can see what I can do. Truth be told, I haven't been feeling well, cause I'm 10 weeks pregnant with number 3 (5 for the both of us, and we have custody of the oldest two! So trust me, it can be chaotic around here, lol!) So I haven't been doing too many layouts, etc. But I just love what I've seen of yours so far, so would find it easy to work with. I am somewhere between a beginner and an intermediate scrapper, digitally speaking. I still paper scrap, and I love to hybrid, so I use that printer the most for printing out papers! However, I'm doing the 8x8 albums because of the cost of paper. I buy my photo paper at Costco, and it helps keep the costs down.

Okay, I'm sure I've rambled enough for one evening.... again, THANK YOU, these are soooo very wonderful!

Sarah

Sharon said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful kit. It is awesome!

Cheng's said...

Wow christmas came early LOL!
Thanks for the free kit

Carolyn said...

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I really appreciate it. Because I dont print my LO's out, I wasnt sure which would be best. So 300dpi they shall be :D. Galtscrapper I have posted about the CT team if your interested sweety.

Hugs
Carolyn
xox

Lisa said...

Thanks so much Carolyn for this gorgeous Christmas kit!!!

Janice said...

What a megakit! Thank you

Tammtamm said...

This kit is gorgeous, thank you so much!

verabear said...

I waited til I got all four parts before posting my thankyous, i hope you don't mind. I think you're doing a wonderful job here and I know a lot of people appreciate that you offer your creations for free, I sure do :)

Christine said...

So much talent, so much generosity. Thank you so much.

Claire said...

Love the kit.tfs